- Comparisons Instead of Ratings: Towards More Stable Preferences. Nicolas Jones, Armelle Brun and Anne Boyer. Tech. rep., LORIA, Nancy Université (2011).
- Ratings, What Else? Nicolas Jones, Armelle Brun and Anne Boyer. Tech. rep., LORIA, Nancy Université (2011)
- Initial Perspectives From Preferences Expressed Through Comparisons. Nicolas Jones, Armelle Brun and Anne Boyer. In proceedings of International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (2011), Orlando, USA. (to appear) [ref]
- Eye-Tracking Product Recommenders’ Usage. Sylvain Castagnos, Nicolas Jones and Pearl Pu. In proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2010), Barcelona, Spain, September 2010. (acceptance rate: 19%) [ref] [pdf]
- User Perceived Qualities and Acceptance of Recommender Systems: The Role of Diversity. Nicolas Jones. Ph.D. Thesis, EPFL, Lausanne, 2010. Dir.: Pearl Pu. [ref] [pdf]
- Recommenders’ Influence on Buyers’ Decision Process. Sylvain Castagnos, Nicolas Jones and Pearl Pu. In proceedings of the 3rd ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2009), New-York City, NY, USA, October 2009. (acceptance rate: 34%) [ref] [pdf]
- How Users Perceive and Appraise Personalized Recommendations. Nicolas Jones, Pearl Pu, Li Chen. In proceedings of User Modelling, Adaptation, and Personalization (UMAP09) Trento, Italy, 2009. LNCS 5535, pp. 461-466. [ref] [pdf]
- A Visual Interface for Critiquing-based Recommender Systems. Jiyong Zhang, Nicolas Jones and Pearl Pu. In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC’08), p. 230-239, Chicago, Illinois, 2008. [ref] [pdf]
- User Acceptance Issues in Music Recommender Systems. Nicolas Jones and Pearl Pu. Technical report, EPFL, 2008. [ref] [pdf]
- User Technology Adoption Issues in Recommender Systems. Nicolas Jones and Pearl Pu. In proceedings of Networking and Electronic Conference 2007 (NAEC’07), p. 379-394, Riva del Garda, Italy, October 18-21, 2007. [ref] [pdf]
- Efficiency of Load Balancing Schemes in a Message Queuing System. Nicolas Jones. Master Thesis, unpublished, 2005. [pdf]
Discover a selection of posters which I created for my research.
LAMA: LAst.fm Musical Amplifier. This framework that I co-developed, gave the ability to quickly write new interfaces for music recommenders. Poster presented at the “Invisible Computing : Novel Interfaces to Digital Environments” I&C research day, EPFL 2009. [poster]
User Issues in Recommender Systems: Acceptance, Involvement and trust. Poster presenting the initial research questions of my Ph.D. thesis. [poster]